Please leave the kitchen tidy - for example, wipe down surfaces after use. The kitchen is cleaned twice per week. Other than that, it's up to you to keep it clean, so make sure you do!
- Don't put dirty things into the dishwasher if the sign says clean! First unload the machine, then turn the sign to "Dirty" and put your used crockery and utensils in it.
- Similarly, don't waste time (or annoy other people) by putting things that can be easily cleaned, like teaspoons, into the dishwasher. It takes less than ten seconds to clean a spoon in the sink and return it - please do so.
- Do not overload the dishwasher, as it won't clean stuff if you do. In particular, make sure nothing sticks out below or to the side of the trays, as then the dishwasher won't work properly.
- The dishwasher needs one 3-in-1 tablet. Don't worry about the salt light if you use a 3-in-1 tablet, as they contain salt. Once you start a cycle, turn the sign from "Dirty" to "Clean".
- To turn on the dishwasher you have to make sure you push the front door very hard until it clicks closed. Then turn the dial to "B". This should start whirring and take roughly an hour to an hour and a half to complete.
- Make sure you DO NOT open the dishwasher while it is on, even if you are going to take something out to clean it manually as the cycle will not restart properly and you will have to re-start the entire thing and fish the tablet out of the bottom of the dishwasher.